Thursday, November 17, 2011

Life's Firsts

Life's firsts

We all have them, they make you nervous,excited and perharps scarred for life. They are life's first; first day of school,college,firts dentist visit,first death in the family(at least in your lifetime),first love,child,job.... They are often scary but necessary.
I remember the first day of college and my first national exam with fondness, because though scary they were necessary. They shape your life. They are sort of like a new lease on life or at the very least the beginnings of a chapter.
As is often the case, the begining of such a chapter means the close of another. I remember feeling totally stressed about my first national exam and the thought of leaving my then best friend to go to different high schools. My mom assured to me that I would make new best friends every place I went. At the time I thought she was totally clueless, but I must admit she was right.
Every so often someone will try to impart some wisdom on you regarding these phenomenal moments: a magazine here,advice solumn there a friend whose been there or a well-meaning 'older and wiser' person. This may help with the big,albeit vague, picture but the truth is you have to be there. They are your firsts and will never be replaced with other people's reruns.

Your firsts will be unique, how you feel,how you see, how you take them. Go ahead make a list and compare it with someone else's I dare you.

Life's firsts must be experienced first hand to be either enjoyed,resented or even abhorred sometimes cherished but always,always remembered

No comments:

Post a Comment